Fall Skin Care Tips
Summer days have reached the end for most of us, so changing our skin care routine is a must! Due to the most common characteristics of the fall season: cooler temperatures, harsher winds, and the constant temperature change between inside and outside, the skin can become more sensitive and likely to become dry, tight, itchy and irritated; all these characteristics can have a negative effect over the skin by stripping it of moisture.
To protect the skin against all these damaging factors you can:
- Apply a heavy moisturizer with SPF protection. Even though it’s not summer, the UV rays are still present and can affect the skin. The moisturizer cream will prevent the skin from drying out.
- A professioinal facial once every month, or every two months, can make a big difference to the way your skin looks and feels. Used as a way to compliment and boost your home skincare treatments, a professional facial will deeply cleanse and revitalize your face.
- Hydrate the inside of your body. Summer is not the only time your body needs water. Drink plenty of water and limit liquids that dehydrate such as caffeine and alcohol.
- Exfoliate the skin (number of times per week depends on your skin) to remove all the dead skin cells. Dead skin cells can be trapped inside the pores causing pimples. Removing them will also help new skin cells develop and promote smoother, softer skin.
- Eat healthy foods because the nutrients received from different foods will prepare and protect your skin again external damaging factors.
Caring for your skin will maintain your skin looking healthy, soft and smooth, and will also prevent it from looking dull, aged and wrinkled.