by Skincare-news.com team
Facials are useful in keeping skin healthy, youthful and vibrant. They also can help you stay current on the condition and needs of your skin. A regular facial can both rejuvenate skin and provide some relaxing benefits to help ease stress.
Why a facial?
Facials can help you stay current on the condition and needs of your skin. The Good Spa Guide, an online spa resource, identifies several other benefits. Facials can:
- Cleanse: Eliminate dead skin and deep-clean pores.
- Balance: Even out skin tone while improving overall texture and look.
- Moisturize: Provide dry skin with deep hydration.
- Tighten and brighten: Leave skin looking firmer and refreshed.
What to know before you go
THE SKIN RENEWS ITSELF EVERY 30 DAYS
The epidermis is composed of approximately 30 layers of cells. Every day, a new generation of cells is produced by the basal layer, which means that the epidermis is entirely renewed in approximately 30 days.
AT NIGHT, THE SKIN REPAIRS ITSELF
Night time is when the skin is repaired. This is when circulation increases both the penetration of active ingredients and [read more]
Sugar contributes to premature aging, just as cigarettes and UV rays do. When skin support structures collagen and elastin break down from the sun or other free-radical exposure, cells try to repair themselves. But this process slows down with age. And when sugar is present in the skin, it forms cross-links with amino acids that may have been damaged by free radicals. These cross-links jam the repair mechanism, and over time, leave you with prematurely old-looking skin.
THE FIX: Once cross-links form, they won’t unhitch, so [read more]
Summer days have reached the end for most of us, so changing our skin care routine is a must! Due to the most common characteristics of the fall season: cooler temperatures, harsher winds, and the constant temperature change between inside and outside, the skin can become more sensitive and likely to become dry, tight, itchy and irritated; all these characteristics can have a negative effect over the skin by stripping it of moisture.
To protect the skin against all these damaging factors you can:
- Apply a heavy moisturizer with SPF protection. Even though it’s not summer, the UV rays are still present and can affect the skin. The moisturizer cream will prevent the skin from drying out.
- A professioinal facial once every month, or [read more]